FEATURED POSTS


FC Mobile USA!           Top 10 video game plumbers of all time.           Five simple things for which all handheld games should strive.           Dragon Handy Famieight: Take you back to FC / NES Wonderful TV Games Dream World.           PSP top 10 and other games you could be playing instead.           NeoGeo Pocket Color: Portable of the Millennium.

Congratulations Marivic!

A winner has been selected for the I am Handheld branding contest. Marivic from Seattle. W00t!!one!!eleven! She writes…

“…Some background about my approach. I collaged the picture of you and some print outs I found online. I mounted the pieces onto graph paper and colored in the arms and legs of the hand held "team" and added action lines. I then took a picture of the piece with my Nikon D80 using a 50mm f1.8 lens and added the "iamhandheld" title using Resevoir Grunge font (underlined)… …and I thought that this quote from your blog helps my art:

"If I could wish one thing for my anthropomorphic hand held gaming machines it would be this. I would wish that each one of them could stand up and be counted."


…Now they can!...


Handheld devices bring joy to the player, but I also see this as the reverse - that handheld games like being played.”



I personally could do without the terrible picture of myself but I think that I am Handheld has a new mascot. Most excellent! Marivic will receive a VG Pocket Caplet. Thanks for all your entries and be on the lookout for the next I am Handheld give away soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment